Sunday, March 23, 2008

Emptiness

Having spent the whole day sleeping, moping around, and generally doing nothing of consequence, one is qualified, one feels, to write on this subject.
Let me just outline the list of my interests, in order to give some background - maths, music, meditation, reading, singing, table tennis, cricket, badminton, gossipping, watching tv (sometimes), talking to family members, walking, finding new eating joints and eating out - especially ice cream, sometimes just thinking about the past - these are just a few of my interests.
This was a day supposed to be totally free, and I was totally bound - not by work, but by its opposite - an idle laziness or a lazy idleness, whichever way you want to look at it.
I didn't want to listen to music, nor to meditate; PG Wodehouse's romantic comedies made me think of things I wanted to forget (you know, sometimes one should stick to comedies - who would have ever thought I'd find PG Wodehouse predictable and boring! ) , nor did I want to play table tennis, or cricket or do anything else ... at all. I didn't want to speak to friends, couldn't concentrate on maths, ... singing was anyway a distant memory.
Why, how did this happen? One thing I know for sure - it's definitely NOT because I'm missing someone - that's just not possible.

2 comments:

Tanvi jadwani said...

Okay so I lost you, some technical problem with the site. Leave your email here, I will get through. :)

timespaceandinfinity said...

Thanks, I kinda suspected the connection went off or something. I already have your email, so I'll add you. :)